At UTC, we offer Electrical and Electronic Engineering as a Cambridge Technical Level. The Cambridge Technical Levels are designed with the workplace in mind and provide a high-quality alternative to A Levels. This course is worth the equivalant of two A-levels and can be studied alongside another A-Level or Level 3 course.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering is a multidisciplinary subject that includes a range of topics, including:
- Electrical Operations
- Automation Control and Robotics
- Systems Programming
- Circuit Simulation and Manufacture
- Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
The course consists of twelve units delivered and assessed over a two-year period with coursework and exam elements.
More information on the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course can be found here.
- GCSE grade 6 in Maths and English
- GCSE grade 5 or above in Systems Control or engineering would be an advantage but is not compulsory
- The Technical 3 Level is recommended for those students wanting to progress onto university or advanced apprenticeship due to the level of maths included.