With COVID restrictions still in place, it’s tricky to show off the wonderful facilities UTC South Durham has to offer. Open Evenings for Year 9, Year 10 and Sixth Form are being done virtually (and are available on our YouTube channel here) and we’ve been eager to get visitors in and give them a taste of what being a student here is all about.
That’s why we’re so excited to be able to promote Tom’s Tours this half-term!
Who better than to show you around the UTC here on Aycliffe Business Park than our very own Principal?
Beginning in the Engineering Hall, Tom will escort you around UTC South Durham in all its glory, allowing you a closer look of the following:
- MUGA (Multi Use Games Area)
- English and Maths classrooms
- Design and Technology classrooms
- Science labs
- Student Support Area
- Sixth Form Study Area
- Sixth Form Common Room
We’re also taking every step available to make sure our visitors adhere to COVID restrictions and that’s why we’ve put in place the following steps, so that you may come in, see what we have to offer and still feel safe:
- Time slots are available to a maximum of five families per tour – each family group will consist of a maximum of three members.
- Tom will only be conducting the tour around the building and will not be giving a formal presentation so it is important to watch the relevant Open Evening video beforehand – you can access them via our YouTube channel here.
- Upon arrival at the UTC, please come into reception and ensure that all of your party sanitise your hands – sanitiser stations will be clearly marked around the building.
- As we are operating a COVID-secure site we do require all participants to wear face masks or coverings at all times when in the building. If exempt, please inform Tom at the beginning of the tour.
- Tom will welcome you into the Engineering Hall and give you a brief introduction to the UTC. Please note: all of the tables and chairs will have been cleaned and sanitised before your arrival).
- Tom will then take you on a tour of the building and you can ask any questions you may have about the curriculum or our application process.
- We will also ask you to maintain a 2m social distance at all times from other parties at all times.
If you are as excited to see our facilities as we are to show you them, book a place on Tom’s Tours here