Our students here at UTC South Durham go onto pursue rewarding careers, inspiring apprenticeships and to undertake further education and study.
We have a specialist Careers Leader at UTC South Durham that works in collaboration with students, staff and employers to give real insight to the industry, regional labour market and further education options available to them.
At UTC South Durham, our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) will:
- Provide good quality independent and impartial careers advice to students which inspires them and motivates them to fulfil their potential
- Provide advice and guidance which is in the best interests of the student
- Contribute to raising achievement; encouraging students to develop high aspirations and consider a broad and ambitious range of careers
- Provide opportunities to work in partnership with employers, training providers, local colleges and others to provide opportunities to inspire students through real-life contact with the world of work
- Develop enterprise and employability skills including skills for self-employment
- Support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity
- Encourage students to see career development as a life-long process
- Support students at key transition points
For further information please contact Catherine Purvis-Mawson on:
01325 430 250