Business BTEC at UTC South Durham focuses on preparing students for the modern business world. The course is made relevant though case studies and projects, in addition to visits to and from employers and work experience. During this course, students will learn to understand and apply the fundamental principles of business studies including:
- How businesses are structured and how finances work
- The wide range of functions and careers in business
- How to develop a marketing campaign
- Personal finance
- How to promote customer service
This BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business course is worth the equivalent of one A-level and can be studied alongside two other A-level or Level 3 courses.
- Minimum of grade 5/6 in GCSE English Language
- Minimum of grade 4/5 in GCSE Maths
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate Business Specification.