Sports Tech Level is delivered in a way that makes it relevant to real world experiences, and students develop and learn new practical skills, including leadership, team work, and organisation. After completing this qualification, students will be able to start working in the sports and fitness sector or progress further in education including onto university courses.
Topics covered include:
- Body systems and the effects of physical activity
- Sports coaching and activity leadership
- Sport organisation and development
- Nutrition and diet for sports and exercise
- Physical activity for specific groups
- Organisation of a sports event
This Cambridge Tech Level course is worth the equivalent of one A-level and can be studied alongside other A-level or Level 3 courses.
- Minimum of a grade 4 in GCSE Maths and grade 4 in GCSE English Language
Upon completion you will be able to start working in the sector or progress further in education including university level courses. You could also study for your fitness instructor/personal trainer qualification part time at college whilst starting work.
T-Level Sport is useful for careers in the following sectors: coaching, teaching and instructing, leisure management, sports development, armed forces, emergency services, outdoor education, development training or recreation.